DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [LOL] ArmA OFP Site Forum Index -> DLC and Arma3 Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RueLight
Average Poster
Average Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany Reply with quote

hiho,

what is planed with this DLC on LOL server?

i'm thinking about to refund this shit, coz i'm really disappointed of the quality and the new DLC politics by BIS. The map is also not useable coz of the big border in the middle, missing airports, no variety and everything looks like the same and flat...
also i'm not able to add some new vehicles in others missions coz lot of people will be locked out.

this is a "no go" for me. perhaps i will buy it later when its much cheaper.

greets
JGaz-UK
Amok Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big border in the middle is the Iron Curtain!
Not bad value for the price, paid more for a lot less from Bis
Average Poster
Average Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RueLight
Average Poster
Average Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvm, the refund has been accepted. perhaps i will buy it later when its very cheap and the DLC dont kick people without it.

greets
Zapperguy
Deletions Department

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rue,

I'm sorry you don't care for the new DLC. At least 5 of us have picked it up and are enjoying playing it. It is on the server. I also re-updated CBA.
Average Poster
Average Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the new DLC and the way how BIS lock out lot of people without it. It's ok when you enjoy playing it.

about CBA: framework is broken, lot of people talking about crashes and other problems with mods and recommend the march version until new fix
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450814997

So don't be surprised if something goes wrong Rolling Eyes
Zapperguy
Deletions Department

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Played a few. So far, so good.
Average Poster
Average Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, we have to talk about the DLC Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

i spent 5 hours to find the sound problem. my last idea was to disable "Global Mobilization" in the server mod execute and the gun sounds came back directly. i always tested the same mission (with CUP mods included) coz i suspected a CUP or RHS problem. Never thought this new DLC cause it...
Problem is, when only one player is missing the GM files (doesnt matter if its needed or not) it will f*** up the gun fire sound on players. sometimes randomly on single persons, sometimes everybody, mod and vanilla weapons are affected.

at moment the Global Mobilization DLC is deactivated. If you want to run a mission with it, me or JGaz or Killerbee can turn it back on fast.

But the main point is, what do we do now?! I have absolutely no clue anymore Crying or Very sad
RueLight
Average Poster
Average Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got some feedback from CiA admin Varanon, he told me there is a problem between CUP and GM, but it looks like CUP is causing it.
KillerBee
Spam King

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the mod yet as I just got home from vacation.
I have talked with Rue about it! reading some reviews of some prominent guys on the net and they have the tumbs down.

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags !
JGaz-UK
Amok Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you did not have the new GM DLC as you asked for a refund?

Rue you cant just turn addons on & off without checking with other people. people who paid for this server for example!
Spam King

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is that this is a option that causes the less grief for players and play together without people being kicked of the server !
Think the question was also what did we wanna do about this situation and the GM problem !
The idea was I think was shut it off and wait for a patch to come out but still be able to play all together.
Well Rue was testing also some stuff and got his findings sent back to dev from CUP and C.I.A. see if they had a solution for them and our server and if there was a fix !
Also I read about peeps who have not the GM don't have the sound of the guns this might be a a CUP issue that might be solved by shut off cup and not sure we want that !
Don't think Rue did it to piss peeps off ! Rolling Eyes

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags !
Zapperguy
Deletions Department

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bee,

At least 5 or 6 of us have purchased the DLC and have enjoyed playing it. It's a little disappointing in some respects, but the terrain, trees, etc are nice. If we are all playing as a group and someone doesn't have the DLC, I don't see any of us forcing them off the server by choosing a DLC mission. That would seem spiteful and unnecessary. However, if we are playing a DLC mission, and a non-DLC player wants to JIP but can't, then just like OFP and LOL tradition, they can wait until the mission is over. The next one can be non-DLC.

From what I've read, you shouldn't be expecting a patch like the other DLCs. This one is not made by BIS and is not going to be patched by them. I suspect that the development team would like to see 'paying customers' to recoup their costs and maybe earn a little coin for their efforts. The server is paid up; we bought the DLC; we'd like to be able to use it. It's not so compelling that we will only want to play DLC missions. Keep in mind, Apex was required by LOL when it still cost money.

Regarding the sound issue, maybe removing the DLC buggered something with one of Rue's mods or the base game itself. Before we go disabling addons, maybe he could try a fresh reinstall to be sure the issue is not on his end.

Lastly, welcome back. Hope you had fun on holiday.
Amok Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: NOT ON DUDE Reply with quote

Most people have paid for this DLC Bee & apart from Rue have been using the missions on the server. you need to check with everyone before just turning it off on House of clowns.

could it be possible that when Rue asked for a refund steam removed more than it should, some sound files for example?
Amok Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RueLight wrote:
Guys, we have to talk about the DLC Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

i spent 5 hours to find the sound problem. my last idea was to disable "Global Mobilization" in the server mod execute and the gun sounds came back directly. i always tested the same mission (with CUP mods included) coz i suspected a CUP or RHS problem. Never thought this new DLC cause it...
Problem is, when only one player is missing the GM files (doesnt matter if its needed or not) it will f*** up the gun fire sound on players. sometimes randomly on single persons, sometimes everybody, mod and vanilla weapons are affected.

at moment the Global Mobilization DLC is deactivated. If you want to run a mission with it, me or JGaz or Killerbee can turn it back on fast.

But the main point is, what do we do now?! I have absolutely no clue anymore Crying or Very sad

Rue the only one player not using "Global Mobilization" on house of clowns previously so far has been you, are we all "out of step" except yourself?

I helped you test one of your vanilla missions ( no cup or rhs) & you still had the same problem???

Could you not consider getting & running GM (Global Mobilization) when gaming on House of clowns. You could then either not use it for making missions or simply turn it off. when not needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [LOL] ArmA OFP Site Forum Index -> DLC and Arma3 Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: